From recent experience I have found that when one of your close friends get married it could go either way. I found myself accessing where I was at in my life and how worlds apart our lives had finally become.
To be clear I’m not bitter I couldn’t be happier for my friend, she found her soulmate what’s not to love about.
I’m coming from a 26 year old female who isn’t remotely ready to settle down, the wedding was stunning and everyone there could feel how much love there was in the room.
I just feel a bit like why haven’t I met someone I actually want to be exclusive with I date regularly and there is no reason it couldn’t happen for me. I guess I am jealous with out wanting to admit it. My question is how hard is it to actually meet someone nice? I use tinder and bumble and they are well designed apps that seem to work well for everyone except me.
I feel a new blog series coming on Dating disaster with Ash and I already have so many to write about.
It’s hard to be single on Valentine’s Day here are some top tips to help you get through it.
1. Grab your gal pals or guys. Find something fun and do it all together. #galentines
2. Don’t look at social media, who needs to see who got engaged on Valentine’s Day. (It’s just a day.)
3. Buy yourself something nice. Relish in all that money you saved being single.
4. Valentines is just another day delete that ex from your phone. You don’t need to contact them even if it’s the day of love. You’ll regret it the next day and you can’t blame it on being drunk.
5. Send a small gift to a friend, I’ll be buying some friendship flowers for my #galentine.
6. Pamper yourself your worth it. Have that long bubble bath, do that face pack. Read that book your half way through. Take some time for you. Love yourself.
7. Know that your time will time come. In the words of the greatest showman we are glorious. Own it. Nothing wrong with being single. Swipe right swipe left. Bumble/Tinder the worlds your oyster.
I’m in love, I say that about every Barry M nail polish I try. They are great colours for that transition from winter to spring. They are my go to at the moment, they have about 6 shades in the range. I’m off to buy the rest.
Well this summer has gone by in a flash, England hasn’t really been that sunny so it’s been a bleak summer.
Here is a list of the things I am looking forward to in the up and coming months:
- Dark lip colours being acceptable again
- warm jumpers
- Hot chocolate
- spending nights in rather than out
- The whole build up Christmas
- watching Christmas films (That’s okay in September right)
- switching to boot from sandals
- No more glitter (yes I keep finding in my hair 3 weeks later)
- Riverdale and How to make a murderer back on Netflix
I recently was stuck for something to watch on Netflix when a good friend suggested How to get away with murder.
I must say I’m not ashamed to say I managed to get through 2 season in 2 weeks, I’ve been hooked from episode 1. I need to catch up to be in line with America as in England we only have up the end of season 2 available to us.
I have a love/hate relationship with Annalise she’s great but she is just so infuriating. Frank is one of my favourites I mean he’s shady but looks hot with a beard.
Wes is a little puppy who I wish would just move away so he can get out of all the lying and murdering games.
Roll on season 3 for me!
I like to keep my shower routine simple as it’s a daily routine.
For hair washing I use Garnier Ultimate blends in shea butter and coconut oil this hair care smell amazing.
I used ST Tropez in shower tanner for making sure I have a glow (got to avoid though pale moments) So worth the slightly more expensive price tag.
Simple foaming cleanser is favourite because it leaves my skin feeling really fresh and clean, I also find it helps keep any break outs at bay.
For shaving my skin is dry and I find razors cut my legs to pieces so I use shave balm and it’s honestly been a life saver for attending events where you have your legs out.
For shower gel/cream I like to mix it up so I will use manly anything fruity and fresh.